- Hong Kong’s most prominent pro-democracy advocates were arrested in raids on 72 premises.As China last year imposed a security law which opponents say is aimed at quashing dissent in the former British colony.
- The arrests were linked to an unprecedented, independently organised and non-binding vote to select opposition candidates for a since-postponed legislative election.
- About 1,000 police took part in the raids, which included searches of the offices of a pollster and a law firm.Police did not name those arrested, but their identities were revealed by their social media accounts and their organisations.
- Patten said the West should get tougher with China and scolded the European Commission for seeking a trade deal with Beijing.
- Hong Kong Secretary for Security John Lee said those arrested had planned to cause “serious damage” to society and that authorities would not tolerate subversive acts.
- Antony Blinken,secretary of state said on Twitter the arrests were “an assault on those bravely advocating for universal rights”.
- Beijing’s top representative office in Hong Kong firmly supported the arrests.
- American lawyer John Clancey was arrested during a raid of law firm Ho, Tse, Wai & Partners, a source at the firm said.
- Taiwan’s government said Hong Kong had changed from the “pearl of the Orient” to “purgatory of the Orient”.
Read the FULL article over at World News: Whatfinger by clicking here
MORE NEWS TODAY:
- General Dispatch: Now that the Marxists are stealing the 2 Senate seats in Georgia, tomorrow Pence truly will be saving this nation from Marxism.
- General Dispatch: Watch: Late at night as the crowds go down, Antifa attacks DC Trump supporters. One lady bloody and cops did nothing but protect Antifa. .
- General Dispatch: BREAKING – READ THE DOC! Game On! PA decertifies electors – Pence set to send them back to states in question… Trump for the Win! America saved!
- Conservative US: Photos & Videos: NBC News Security Show Up Looking Like ANTIFA During DC MAGA Rally – Stashes Of Bricks And Propane Thanks Surface Near Freedom Plaza
- Community: My News Corp: Tom Cotton: Blocking Electoral Vote Will Only ‘Embolden Democrats’ to Undermine the Constitution
- The Political Insider: Is Biden’s Team Rooting for Red China?
- CDN: Mobsters in America: The Capone and Biden crime families
- Wayne Dupree: [VIDEO] Wow! If This is The Huge Crowd on Jan 5th, What Will Jan 6th Look Like?
- Ind. Sentinel: GA elections look bad for Republicans and freedom so far (Not unexpected – Dems have UNLIMITED fake votes – and Republicans cannot even poll watch – all illegal as Trump said – Sgt Pat)
- World News: Whatfinger: Communists Crack Down: Over 50 Hong Kong activists arrested for breaching security law: media
- World News: TRT: Watch: All eyes on Turkish drones after Azerbaijan’s victory (Turkish station – selling their arms it seems lol).
- World News: Whatfinger: WikiLeaks’ Assange to discover if he will be freed from jail on bail for the first time in eight years
- Conservative Treehouse: Senator Tim Scott Announces He Will Not Support Any Electoral Certification Challenges
- Daily Caller: Trump Administration Task Force Determines Russia ‘Likely’ Responsible For ‘Most Or All’ Of Massive Federal Hack
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.