- A school district in Pennsylvania has “temporarily relieved” a teacher after a photo revealed he was among those present at Wednesday’s protest in Washington, DC.
- But the Allentown School District will not say if the teacher merely was among those marching in protest of the Electoral College vote, or if he participated in the storming of the Capitol Building.
- In a Thursday message posted to the district website, Superintendent Thomas Parker wrote, “the district has an obligation to respect the First Amendment rights of our staff and students.”
- The teacher has been temporarily relieved of his teaching duties until the School District can complete a formal investigation of his involvement.
- Parker and the district refused to identify the teacher and where the (allegedly) offensive image was shared.
- In a Thursday message posted to the district website, Superintendent Thomas Parker wrote “We understand that many members of our community are upset by the image. At the same time, the district has an obligation to respect the First Amendment rights of our staff and students.
- District Solicitor John Freund said that “only after knowing all the facts can the district make a decision that balances First Amendment rights with the higher standards set for public school teachers.”
- In a Morning Call op-ed, Paul Muschick notes “we shouldn’t cast judgment” until the exact circumstances of the teacher’s activities are known.
Read the FULL article over at College Fix by clicking here
MORE NEWS TODAY:
- College Fix: Pennsylvania school district cans teacher who participated in Washington, DC protest
- Gateway Pundit: THEY WANT BLOOD: Mozilla Argues “More Must Be Done” to Rid Internet of President Trump and other “Bad Actors”
- Breitbart News: McConnell Circulates Impeachment Procedures, Which Wouldn’t Begin Until Trump’s Term Ends
- Independent Sentinel: Tell the whole story! Police let protesters into the Capitol building
- Neon Nettle: Nikki Hayley: Twitter’s Trump Suspension Is Like an Act of Communist China
- Just The News: After Colin Kaepernick praised deadly BLM riots, Twitter CEO gave him $3 million
- Uncover DC: Normal Hearts in The Freezing Cold: What is MAGA?
- Washington Times: Brandon Straka, 500K-strong ‘Walk Away’ page banned by Facebook: ‘Every member of my team!’
- Daily Wire: EXCLUSIVE: Senior Trump Advisers Anticipated Twitter Ban, Urged Trump To Switch To Parler In Early 2020
- Federalist: The Trump Purge Makes Living In America More Like Living In China
- Gateway Pundit: EXCLUSIVE: TGP Interview with Jovan Hutton Pulitzer Reveals Disturbing Experience with Hannity’s Producer When He Attempted to Share Solution to Save America (Audio)
- DB Daily Update: Big Tech’s Anti-Conservatve Putsch Mirrors its ChiCom Masters
- New York Post: Mike Tyson podcast descends into chaos: ‘I would’ve killed him’
- Just The News: Friday Night Massacre: Twitter purges Trump, Parler faces bans from Apple and Google
- Newsbusters: Rush, Levin, Dobbs Gone: Enraged Conservative Leaders Abandon Twitter (Whatfinger as well! No more Twitter)
- Ind. Sentinel: The New Normal
- Gateway Pundit: Biden’s Pick for Attorney General Couldn’t Be More Anti-Constitutional – Which Explains Why He Was Obama’s Failed Supreme Court Pick
- CFP: Corruption Has Consequences
- Liberty Nation: The Politics Of HollyWeird: Tinseltown Not In A Rush For Vaccine
- College Fix: Michigan State prof: Telling someone you can’t understand their accent is ‘linguistic racism’
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.