- Nationally syndicated radio host Rush Limbaugh deactivated his Twitter account on Friday, after the social media platform permanently banned President Donald Trump’s account.
- Twitter confirmed with USA Today that Limbaugh’s account was not banned, but had been “deactivated by the owner.”
- Limbaugh had over 600,000 followers on Twitter, and was following just one account — President Trump.
- Twitter claimed that the president’s tweets posed a “risk of further incitement of violence” — referring to the events that took place on Capitol Hill on Wednesday.
- Following Twitter banning the President of the United States, Google removed social media platform Parler from its Play Store for Android devices.
- The app will remain suspended until it implements “robust” moderation policies that crack down on free speech.
- Concurrently, Apple threatened to ban Parler from its app store unless it cracks down on constitutionally protected speech that Apple doesn’t approve of.
- This move would effectively exclude the app from all Apple smartphones.
Read the FULL article over at Breitbart News by clicking here
MORE NEWS TODAY:
- Breitbart: Deranged Pelosi: Pelosi: Trump ‘Deranged, Unhinged, Dangerous’ and Should Be Prosecuted
- Liberty Loft: How Will Conservatives Move Forward? As Americans, just like we always have.
- Red State: Tucker on Trump’s Statement About Being Banned From Twitter: Crackdown on Civil Liberties ‘Is Here Now’
- World News: Whatfinger: Iran will expel U.N. nuclear inspectors unless sanctions are lifted: lawmaker
- World News: France 24 (French): Madrid sees heaviest snowfall in 50 years as storms snarl travel in Spain
- Townhall: WATCH: Biden Compares GOP Senators to Nazi Germany’s Minister of Propaganda
- Gateway Pundit: Capitol Hill Police Officer Brian Sicknick Dies After Confrontation with Protesters in US Capitol
- Liberty Nation: Statehood For DC – Power Grab Disguised As Social Justice?
- Lew Rockwell: The Truth About January 6—and Where We Should Go From Here
- PJ Media: Michelle Obama Gave The Order for Big Tech to Delete President Trump From Social Media Platforms
- Humor-Satire: Powerline Blog: THE WEEK IN PICTURES: CAN WE HAVE 2020 BACK EDITION
- Breitbart News: Rush Limbaugh Deactivates His Twitter Account After President Trump Banned
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.