- Foreign ministers from the United States, Canada, Britain and Australia condemned last week’s arrest of over 50 democracy activists in Hong Kong in a joint statement on Sunday.
- They are calling on China to respect the freedom of the people on the island.
- Hong Kong authorities accused last year’s unofficial vote to choose opposition candidates in city elections was part of a plan to “overthrow” the government.
- Hong Kong police made the arrests on Wednesday in dawn raids, the biggest crackdown since China imposed a security law in 2020, which opponents say is aimed at quashing dissent in the former British colony.
- The foreign ministers said in the joint statement issued by Australia’s Foreign Minister Marise Payne,”“It is clear that the National Security Law is being used to eliminate dissent and opposing political views.”
- “We call on the Hong Kong and Chinese central authorities to respect the legally guaranteed rights and freedoms of the people of Hong Kong without fear of arrest and detention.”
- On Thursday, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Washington may sanction those involved in the arrests.
- They will send the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations to visit Taiwan.
Read the FULL article over at Whatfinger by clicking here
MORE NEWS TODAY:
- 100% Fed Up: New Update From Mike Lindell (January 9, 2021) ‘100% Donald Trump will be President Of The United States for the next 4 years’.
- Gateway Pundit: Tom Fitton from Judicial Watch Suspended from Twitter for 7 Days
- Wayne Dupree: Alan Deshowitz Reveals Why Impeaching Trump Again is Actually Unconstitutional
- Vidmax: Middle School Teacher Sh!tfaced Out Of Her Mind Gets Busted By Police
- Lew Rockwell: “The Storming of the Capitol”: America’s Reichstag Fire?
- The Political Insider: Biden Responds To Trump Skipping His Inauguration – Says It’s A ‘Good Thing’
- Wayne Dupree: Obama Just Pulled Out His Biggest “Race Card” Yet, And It’s a Doozy
- Ind. Sentinel: Biden the uniter compares Senators Cruz and Hawley to Nazi propagandist Goebbels
- Whatfinger: Apple, Amazon suspend Parler social network from App Store and web hosting service
- Whatfinger: World News: U.S., Canada, Britain, Australia condemn Hong Kong arrests of activists
- Sky News (British): Boeing plane missing in Indonesia after losing ‘more than 10,000ft in a minute’
- Life News: Twitter Starts Massive Purge of Pro-Life Conservative Accounts, Claiming “Harmful Activity”
- Townhall: One of Big Tech’s Own Lobbed a Punch Against Them… On Behalf of Trump
- Breitbart: Farage: Lockdown Britain on Verge of Becoming a Police State
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.